DEDICATION:

THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS, THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE, HAVE ENJOYED , ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS



IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

















Sunday, January 9, 2011

JANICE'S BIRTHDAY LUNCH AT THE BYERS CAFE 1-8-2011

Saturday, 1-8-2011, I took Janice to the Byers Cafe, in Byers Texas for lunch. We were celebrating her birthday and I had mentioned to Tracy, the owner of the Byers Cafe, that we would be in for lunch. So, scroll down and join us for this quick trip up to Byers Texas and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON A PICTURE.


We had slept in and didn't get up until 10:30 a.m., she fell asleep on the couch watching a show and I fell asleep in the other room by the computer table. So, as I put on a t-shirt and jeans, Janice checked her hair for the umpteenth time. (typical female)


Janice didn't want to go on the bike because it was cold out, so we jumped into the pick-up and headed up to Byers Texas. After getting stopped by a Texas Highway Patrol trooper for going a "little" over the posted speed of 55 mph, we made it up to the Byers Cafe.


This is the Byers Cafe sign out front. The Byers Cafe is rapidly becoming a biker stop by bikers from all over North Texas and Southern Oklahoma. The food is great and priced right, the atmosphere inside is friendly and the waitress is good and keeps up with you on your drinks and takes care of your requests and checks on your table regularly.

This is Nicole and Janice. Nicole is the owner's daughter (Tracy) and she is the waitress for today.




We beat the lunch rush inside. The Byers Cafe is located at 419 Main (SW corner of Main & TX HWY 79) in Byers Texas. The Zip up there is 76357. The mailing address (snail mail) is Byers Cafe Box 94 Byers Texas 76357. The phone number to the Cafe is: 940-529-6570.





Janice takes a picture of me inside the Byers cafe, seated at our table.I have been to the Cafe three times this week. Once with Janice's parents and on Thursday, for "RIB Thursday" with 14 other bikes and 19 bikers./riders. I'm telling you all, this place is OUTSTANDING!!




The tables behind Janice toward the entrance..



The front counter area, with the ice machine, drink dispenser, coffee machine and other restaurant stuff. Also, the window to the kitchen is right behind Nicole. Here is Nicole cashing out a customer.


The Byers Cafe owner, Tracy, standing with Janice. Tracy is a sweetheart and we really like her a lot.


me & Tracy. Keep a look out for the upcoming blog and website for the Byers Cafe. Tracy has asked me to help get her started on a blog and I am going to talk to my computer guru, Matt, about setting up a Website for her.. When Tracy gets her info ready then she is going to call me and I will ride up there and get her Blog started and I'll explain where to get this and that and some little tricks of the trade, as it were, that she'll need to know. I am already excited about it.




The outside of the Byers Cafe as seen from the business sign and TX 79. That's my truck out front.



As I said earlier, the Byers Cafe is biker friendly. When Tracy first opened up the Cafe, a contingent of members from the C.M.A. (Christian Motorcyclists Association) came out blessed the business and then went inside to eat breakfast. One of those members, Pete, came back and presented Tracy with the iron work of the Biker kneeling in front of the Cross. Tracy then asked Pete to mount the iron work to her sign post and he did. Looks good eh?

The left side of the Byers Cafe. They have picnic tables on both sides of the business in case you want to eat outside when the weather is nice.

The business sign and the special ads sign out front. Tracy is known for her desserts and word about her got to the FOOD CHANNEL and they came down from New York City and spent a couple days with Tracy and filmed her making her award winning pies and other items. The chef, I don't know her name but if you watch the Food Channel, then you'll recognize her made some main courses for Tracy. The episode is scheduled to air on March 7, 2011. Now, the vehicles they were in, had the Canadian Food Channel logo on them, so we don't know if it will air in the US or just in Canada. Tracy will find out for sure, because she and the chef and the program director are friends now and they call each other weekly. Tracy is figuring out a way to send some of her pies up them because they love those pies up in New York City.


In 2004, Byers celebrated it's Centennial, and the side of this building, catty corner from the Byers Cafe, was painted to commemorate the city's 100 year existence. If you miss the Byers Cafe sign and pass this, turn around because the Byers Cafe is diagonally across the street from this building. (Northbound traffic, that is)


Here is the birthday girl watching Nicole taking a food order. I won't say how old Janice is, because she would KILL me, but let me just say that Janice is celebrating the 11th Anniversary of her 39th birthday.. Well, I think I'm dead meat now. lol


Janice orders up a cheeseburger and here it is. Great tasting burgers, cooked home style fashion and priced very reasonable.



I opted for a burger and fries. These burger are a lot bigger than they look on here, but when I finished eating, I was stuffed.



Nicole had a minute, so here she is filling up the mayo bottles, I think.


As a special gift, Tracy made this Coconut Cream Pie for Janice. I will agree with the experts. This is the BEST Coconut Cream Pie that I have ever eaten and I eat Coconut Cream pies all over the United State when I go cross country visiting relatives and friends on the bike.


Tracy also made, for today's dessert, her award winning French Chocolate Silk pie. I ate a piece and thought I had died and gone to Heaven. It was GREAT!! God has given Tracy a very special talent and let me tell you, she uses that talent and is not shy about thanking God for it either..


The top of the box that holds the Coconut Cream Pie. Janice threatened to cut off fingers if I got into the box, without her permission, and started eating HER pie. She graciously gave me a piece when we got home. Let me tell you now that if you have never had any of Tracy's pies, then you haven't eaten a pie. I am not dissing anyone who cooks and there are plenty of excellent pie makers all over the world, but in my opinion and a couple of folks from the Food Channel, you have NEVER had any pie close to Tracy's.


Janice is working n her piece of French Chocolate Silk pie. She ended up not able to eat anymore, so I obliged and ate it. I am not supposed to eat things like this, but if my Doc ever ate some, he would see the addictiveness of the pies.

My piece of French Chocolate Silk Pie. I wish I could tell you how light and fluffy that pie was. The fork just glided thru the pie. The texture was outstasnding!


As Janice pays our bill, she notice the "Happy Birthday Janice" banner and the "Happy Birthday Janice" written on the "Today's Special" Board.



This is also Tracy. But she is the cook and assistant to Tracy, the owner.

Before we leave, I get the picture above. Here is Nicole, Janice and Tracy in the Byers's Cafe. This will conclude this post.
It was a good ride in the p/u up to Byers and it was great to see Tracy and Nicole again and to meet the other Tracy. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the meal and dessert other than I went in hungry and left satisfied and full.
Physical Address: Byers Cafe 419 Main St. Byers, Texas 76357 Mailing address: Byers cafe P.o Box 94 Byers, Texas 76357 business phone for Byers cafe: 940-529-6570. the hours of Operation are: Mon-Sat 6 a.m.-2:oo p.m.
The Byers Cafe also caters. Contact Tracy at the business phone to place an order or this number:940-731-6562.
You can also ask Tracy any questions you may have or you can place an out of town order by emailing Tracey & the Byers Cafe at: www.cdtt64@netzero.com.
Scroll down for other rides, events and runs and don't forget to click on the "OLDER POSTS" link at the bottom of EACH page or under the last post on the page for more of the same.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO TEXAS DPS TROOPER, JOHN HORTON, FOR CUTTING ME SOME SLACK AND GIVING ME A WRITTEN WARNING.
Please continue to pray for ALL of our troops both in and out of Harms Way, especially for Che Whitaker and Chris Drage, both of whom are serving in the Afghanistan Theatre Of Operations.
Until the next post, ya'll be careful out there, keep the rubber on the road, keep your head on a swivel and most importantly of all......................RIDE SAFE ......................JOHN



























No comments:

Post a Comment