DEDICATION:

THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS, THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE, HAVE ENJOYED , ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS



IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

















Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PGR MEET & GREET WICHITA FALLS TEXAS 10-24-10

Sunday, 10-24-10, the PGR had a Meet & Greet at Lucy Park in Wichita Falls Texas. The weather was good, the turnout was good and the food was great! I also fulfilled a goal of mine by being promoted to a North Texas PGR Ride Captain. It certainly was an honor to be given my "hat". I look forward to continuing riding with the PGR and honoring our veterans from all the wars and those currently serving. So scroll down and join me as I attend this event. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE,,





I get to the pavilion and see Angela's trike (with trailer) and Nubbin's trike


I see Moe and Chell. Chell is the PGR Regional Contact Coordinator for this area and she rode in from Childress Texas to attend this Meet & Greet. If you are curious about the PGR, and what we do and why we do what we do, or if you want to join up, (it's Free To Join) check out this link: http://www.patriotguard.org/


Dennis arrives. Dennis is Moe's husband and he owns C Me Shine, a Motorcycle accent Lighting Installation service. The business motto is: "Be Safe, Be Seen". If you'd like some accent lights put on your bike, call Dennis at 940-782-6312 or email him at: dpatte6268@aol.com and see what he can do for you. He has done quite a few of the bikes in the North Texas, Southern Oklahoma area and I have heard no complaints and he makes those bikes look good at night..



A couple of the bikes at the Meet & Greet




Here is Ted's bike. Ted is a North Texas PGR Ride Captain and he and his wife, Inez, are almost like blood relatives to me. I love both of them. Ted is also a Vietnam Vet and a recipient of the bronze star for his actions there.





Some of the bikes at the PGR Meet & Greet.. I really like that Blue/Silver Vulcan. Whoever owns it sure has good taste in colors and knows a very dependable bike when they see one..Right Matt? lol


Some more of the bikes at the PGR Meet & Greet in Wichita Falls Texas


The pavilion where we will meet, greet and eat..


This is Jody, Kirby (with the food) and Gypsy with a child as they head for the pavilion. The weather was excellent.



Larry listens as Mike explains something to him.I think they were discussing the Quantum Leap Theory as it applies to celestial voids and black holes located thirty light years away...


This is Georgia and Gary.. they both were having a good time as always..

Chell and Doug. Doug is a former co-worker and long time friend

Kat comes by and says hi. Kat is in trade school learning how to be a welder. She is very determined and I think she will be an excellent welder

Barbara and Doug are going over some PGR matters. Doug is very active in the PGR and his part time job is driving the area Veteran's up to the VA Hospital in Oklahoma City..He enjoys it and is very dedicated to that job..

Barbara and Doug going over some paperwork



Mike is fixin' to fire the grill up and make some hot dogs. Mike & Barbara put this Meet & Greet together and did an excellent job! They are also our Senior North Texas PGR Ride Captain's.


Doug give the prayer before we eat.

This is Nubbin and Randall looks over at us...

This is Angela (nubbin's wife) and Laura (Tex's wife) clowning around.



This is Emily and Ted. Ted rides a Can Am Spyder and he loves that trike. He says the Spyder can haul a$$...

Here are Moe & Gypsy sharing a laugh.. No telling what it was about because with Moe, it could be anything... Moe is a lot of fun..


Here is Kevin. I haven't seen Kevin in quite awhile. And that food was GOOD.. Hope to see Kevin and Deborah on some rides now that it is cooling off. Deborah and 100 degree temps don't get along very well

And here is Deborah. She was having a good time and is getting ready to dig into the goodies and BBQ..



I took this picture of Kirby, Jody and Gypsy and Kirby looks over at me and...........

Kirby picks up his camera and takes a picture of me taking a picture of him
The back of Larry's vest. I believe he is the Vice President of the Green Knights Chapter 54. The Green Knights are mainly out at Sheppard AFB, which is located here in Wichita Falls.



PGR members look on as Nubbin & Angela get ready to show a flag that they are donating to the PGR. Actually they donated two flags but only showed the one.

Angela & Nubbin show one of the flags they are donating to the North Texas PGR. Grinch is talking and Barbara, in the bright colored t-shirt, leans against a pole up front.


Angela & Nubbin are two of the best folks I know. They are "Gold Star" parents and are faithful PGR members

Here is Don. Don came out to check out the PGR and is thinking about joining us. Don is a fun lovin' guy and I hope he joins us..

This is Don and Valerie. I apologize for not getting a picture of Richard, Valerie's husband...But, be forewarned, I WILL get a lot of pics next time I see him..

Alice tries to get control of Larry, which is just about impossible. They are a good couple and friends. They ride a Harley Trike.. He is a Vietnam Vet

Here's Matt helping the pole hold up the overhead. It's a tough job but someone has to do it...

Here are Jody and Gypsy. They came with Kirby and I never asked, but she may be related to Kirby & Jody..


Here is Chell and her bike. Chell is the PGR Regional Contact Coordinator
for the North Texas Area.


This is the pavillion in Lucy Park, Wichita Falls Texas, where the PGR Meet & Greet was being held

This is Tim.. He is flying a big flag today on his Harley and I do believe he has made every PGR Mission this year and only missed a few of the out of town missions



This is Moe. She is a hoot to be around. Ya never know what she is gonna do next.


Matt is here. Matt is a good friend and he works for the Iowa Park Texas School District, taking care of the computers. Yep, in addition to being a biker, he is also a computer guru.. Oh, and he is the owner of that Blue/Silver Vulcan.. The man has good taste!



Two of the best folks in the U.S. of A are Gary & Jean Ann. Sorry about the sun being in your eyes, Jean Ann..




This is Kelly & Ted on the left with the dog. I have the names written down of the other couple but my notes are jumbled and with this severe CRS, I can't remermber which names go to who.... Sometimes, the CRS sucks so bad, you can hear it swish and then it becomes the black hole of your memory.. I am gonna gamble and say they are left to right: Christy, Clay, Kelly and Sam (with the dog).



Here are Sherrie and Jean Ann. Both are married to North Texas PGR Ride Captains and are good friends




This is Sammy talking to Moe and Gary. forgot to get the dog's name..




This is Joe & Sherrie. He is one of the North Texas PGR Ride Captains and we are former co-workers and current neighbors. I can hear him when he fires up his Harley and he can hear me when I fire my Harley up..He lives behind me on the next street


This Rosie, Doug's wife. I have know here for almost 25 years or more. She has to be a stable person to live with Doug all these years. She is a sweetheart



Left to right are: Kat, Gypsy and Tonya..


My good friend Ted was there and I always get pics of Ted to send to his daughter Vickie, who lives up in Ft. Collins Colorado. Vickie has several different blogs and one of those blogs is an excellant biker blog. You can check it out at http://www.ourharleydays.blogspot.com/



This is "Crazy Mike".. I met him at Four Stars Motorcycle Ranch in Henrietta Texas last summer and found out he is my son's next door neighbor. Small world, eh...



Kat comes over and checks on me. Guys, she is single and looking for a boyfriend, preferably one that rides. She is, I think, 19 years old and is a sweetheart. We all keep an eye on her and makes sure no one messes with her...



The folks talking and some getting food and there was lots of food. ALL GOOD!!



Jimmy arrives and is a hoot to be around. I have a dry sense of humor and so does Jimmy and we get along great. He is also an Iraq War Vet.



Tim, Larry, Genevieve and Kat at the pavilion.


Tim's bike. He has many medallions located at various places on his Harley. He has received each one from different Military Commander's from around the world..




Parked across the road are Angela's trike (yellow) Nubbin's trike (OD green) and Tim's with the big flag flapping in the breeze.



I finally made Ride Captain in the PGR and received my hat at the Meet & Greet but I neglected to have someone take a pic of Barbara awarding me the hat. So, I had Janice take it at home. This will conclude this post.


I had a great time today and it was great seeing my friends and meeting the new folks. I was honored to be promoted to a PGR Ride Captain and I vow not to let them down. I look forward to our next event or Mission, be it what it may.


Scroll way down for more rides, events and runs. and be sure to click on the "OLDER POSTS" link located at the bottom of each page or directly under the last post on that page, for more of the same


Please continue to pray for ALL of our troops, both in and out of Harm's Way and especially for Che Whitaker who is in the Afghanistan Theatre of Operations.


Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, keep your head on a swivel, the rubber on the road and most important of all................RIDE SAFE!! ........JOHN
























































No comments:

Post a Comment