DEDICATION:

THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS, THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE, HAVE ENJOYED , ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS



IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

















Tuesday, January 18, 2011

LAZY MONDAY 1-17-2011

Monday, 1-17-2011 was a lazy day here for me in Wichita Falls Texas. The sky was clear and the temps were to be in the low 60's, so I decided to ride visit some buddies and then when it warmed up, I'd head back to the house and wash my nasty motorcycle. Scroll down and join me on this short post as I get with Curtis and head up and see Tony. REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.





I got hold of Curtis and we met at the Wal-Mart on SouthWest Parkway and then headed out for the 20 mile ride or so to Tony's house. Our ride was delayed because Curtis's heel shifter fell off and we had to turn around and go find it. Curtis laughingly told Tony later, " I pay $18 grand for a bike and pieces fall off." Anyway, we find the shifter level and head back out. Here is Curtis in the mirror shot.





We get to Tony's place and he has his Road King outside. This is the first time I've seen his bike and it has a beautiful paint job on it.



Tony's Harley




The back fender theme..





The tank and air breather.






The front fender "Fat Bitch". I asked Tony how they did the paint like that. He said they put the black on first. then they put the blue and purple paint on. When the blue and purple get tacky, they crumble up plastic paper and lay it on top of the paint for a while. Then they peel it off. Some of the blue and purple paint come off with the plastic wrap and you get the spattered design. Pretty cool..





Here is the Kodak Moment picture of Curtis reattaching the heel shifter arm





Tony watching Curtis work on the heel shifter.






Tony wanted to ride, so we went North on Hwy 79 up into Oklahoma and then went West on Hwy 70 to Randlett and then back South on I-44, into Texas and then to the Braum's Ice Cream place in Burkburnett Texas. Here is Tony as we head up Hwy 79 in Texas





Tony, Northbound on Hwy 79




Curtis, in a good mood again after fixing his Harley, Northbound on Hwy 79



As we headed North up Hwy 79, I tried to get a picture of my speedometer and Tony up front and to the left of me at the same time. I had to lean to the right to get it taken.





Curtis in the mirror and Tony to my left up front, still heading North up Hwy 79




Here is Tony as we cross the RED RIVER bridge into Oklahoma. For more on the famous RED RIVER, which divides Texas from Oklahoma in these parts, see this link: www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/red_river_(mississippi_river)




On the other side of the bridge is the Welcome to Oklahoma sign





We get to Hwy 70 and head East to I-44. Here is Tony as we head South on I-44 and approach the Red River again.




As we cross over the Red River on Southbound I-44, I take this picture of the Red River, looking West.




Curtis, dropping back, crosses of the I-44 Red River bridge.




And on this side of the river, we see our Welcome Home to Texas sign.




We pull over in Burkburnett Texas, and stop at the Braum's Ice Cream place there just off of I-44 on the service road. Here Curtis is telling Tony that he has to get the bike home because the heel shifter is loose again and he wants to fix it before he loses it again.




Me and Tony in Burkburnett Texas




Here is Curtis & Tony in Burkburnett Texas





Another of me & Tony in Burkburnett Texas


Another of Curtis and Tony. Curtis left right after this picture was taken.


Tony mounts up to head home after we go in Braum's for a drink.



Last picture from the ride is of Tony heading South on I-44. I would take the US281 exit farther down the road and Tony would continue South on US 287 to his exit. This will conclude this post.

I had a good time getting out and riding with Curtis and Tony and I look forward to our next ride, whenever and wherever it takes us.

Scroll down for more rides, events and runs and don't forget to click on the "OLDER POSTS" link at the bottom of EACH page or under the last post on the page for more of the same.

Continue to pray for ALL of our troops, both in and out of Harms Way, especially for CHE WHITAKER, CHRIS DRAGE both of whom are in the Afghanistan Theatre of Operations.

Until next post, ya'll be careful out there, keep the rubber on the road, keep your head on a swivel and most importantly of all.......RIDE SAFE!! .......................JOHN


No comments:

Post a Comment