DEDICATION:

THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO ALL BIKERS HERE IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORLDWIDE. TO ALL THE VETERANS, THOSE LIVING AND TO THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE; TO THOSE CURRENTLY SERVING AND TO THOSE IN THE FUTURE WHO WILL SERVE LONG AFTER WE HAVE GONE, TO PRESERVE THE FREEDOM THAT THOSE IN THE PAST, WE IN THE PRESENT AND THOSE IN THE FUTURE, HAVE ENJOYED , ARE ENJOYING AND WILL ENJOY, AS WE RIDE FREE AND ENJOY LIFE ON OUR CHOSEN MODE OF TRANSPORTATION: MOTORCYCLES.

JOHN
NORTH TEXAS BIKERS



IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.

















Friday, August 20, 2010

ICE CREAM SOCIAL WICHITA FALLS TEXAS 8-19-10

Thursday, 8-19-10, the local North Texas Bikers had their "Ice Cream Social" at Ronnie's Burgers/Addisons Ice Cream Parlor, located at 1501 Midwestern Parkway, here in Wichita Falls Texas. The "Social" started at Ronnie's where most ate a dinner of hamburgers or whatever, and then we went thru the entrance in the East wall into Addisons for ice cream. One thing different in this post is I included pics of me taken by Larry & Brenda G. People have been after me to get some pics of me in some of these posts, so here ya go. Scroll down and join us for out Thursday get together and REMEMBER: IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES BIGGER, JUST CLICK ON THE PICTURE.


The clouds were building to the East as I headed down Southwest Parkway to the Jacksboro Highway cutoff.





When I got on Jacksboro Highway, this guy turns North in front of me and I caught up with him and lo and behold, it's Larry.. He is heading to the "Ice Cream Social" too, so I ride in with him.


We arrive and park the bikes and Larry takes this picture of me.



This is Larry's blue Harley and the Harley in front of his belongs to Tex and Laura. Tex and Laura drove over from Holiday Texas




Finally got real shoes today. No more walking boots or frankenstein boots..Thank you God!!





Real soles and not the flat ones like on the frankenstein boots. First real pair of shoes I have had since like 2006. I almost had to learn how to walk again




This is Charlies Harley. He drove up from Archer City Texas




Here is Addisons Ice Cream Parlor, which is co-located with Ronnie's Burgers at 1501 Midwestern Parkway. Great food and good prices!




Tex and Laura's Harley and my Harley at the back




This is Dennis and Moe's Harley. I always can spot theirs. They have the Harley Davidson written on the back of their tour pak.





Inside, I join these folks at this table: Tex, Ted, Inex and Charlie




Larry is having a great time..And he hasn't even ate yet!




Brenda G. and Charlie, inside Ronnie's Burgers. Good lookin' couple, you two!





My good friend Ron. I am gonna show him how to do a blog, so he can start showing his pictures and he is gonna ride with me to Kansas for my tattoo's if I can't get them done here for a reasonable price. Why would I ride up there for tattoo's. Two reasons: Family connections and Road Trip!!



Dennis is contemplating the Big Bang Theory and Angela is talking to Nubbin'

This is Joe, Laura, Tex and part of Inez... lol Inez, Joe & Sherrie are still waiting on their orders. Even tho a bunch of us came in at once, the serving staff and cooks got the orders out quick.

Larry has an attentative audience as he talks to Barry, Laura, Ron and Jimmy



Myra & Russell arrive and sit with Moe & Barry


This is Laura (Jimmy's wife) and Brenda, a friend of their's. Nice to meet ya, Brenda



me, Sherrie and Joe. Joe is a former co-worker of mine and he lives on the street behind ours, and our backyards almost are directly joined..




Larry still having a great time, as always. That's Myra & Lori behind him.



Someone had put a caption to this that said of Jimmy and Ron: "and that's our story and we're sticking to it!" That's Moe on the end talking to Barry


Larry gets a picture of me taking a picture of Charlie and Inez



Myra & Lori talk as Lori waits for her husband, A.J., to arrive.




Lori points at my shoes as someone makes a comment about them. I am breaking these shoes in. A lot of these folks have never seen me in anything but a walking boot, cast or "frankenstein boots"


Brenda G. gets a pic of me checking out the pics on my camera

Laura trys to get out of the pic, as I take one of Barry & Russell. She was not successful.

I have no idea as to what Larry was eating but it had jalapeno peppers on it...

A.J. (yellow shirt) arrives and makes the rounds greeting everyone.



Brenda G. gets a picture of our side of the table: at the end in pink, sitting on the table, is Halee, Sabrina, Nubbin, me, Sherrie, Joe and Laura C. (Tex's wife)





Charlie, Myra, Russell and Barry having a talk while waiting for their food to arrive.




I asked Ethan to give his baby sister, Halee, a hug as the kids Grandmother, Angela, looks on.



Brenda G gets a pic of me as Moe looks on




Brenda G takes a pic while Dennis (Moe's Husband) and Barry look on





Barry looks on as we get up and move from Ronnie's Burgers into Addisons Ice Cream Parlor..


Inez arises and joins us as we head to the stairs and into Addisons



Addisons is a very colorful business. Brightly colorful, I might add




Laura C. makes her selection and then moves down to the register to pay for it





Inez checks things out, as Tex sits and waits for Laura. Joe is standing, waiting for Sherrie to come in.



Joe & Sherrie as they browse the ice cream choices




> Laura got this multicolored cone and I got a peanut butter cup ice cream with dark chocolate ice cream with peanut butter in it, in a cup. sure was good..




We finish up and head out to the bikes to leave. I get a picture of Tex and the others as they stop to talk. Before leaving, Tex asks me to take a pic of the back of his shirt..




Tex was in the "Big Red One", the 1st Infanty Division, while in Vietnam and is a Bronze Star winner, as is Ted (Ted was in Huey helicopters in Nam). Both he and Ted are good friends and both hero's of mine.
This will conclude this post. I enjoyed this Thurday's Ice Cream Social and look forward to next Thursday's Ice Cream Social, the whereabouts of which hasn't been announced yet.
Scroll down for more rides, runs and events and don't forget to click on the "OLDER POSTS"
link at the bottom of each page or directly underneath the last post on the page, for more of the same.
You can access NORTH TEXAS BIKERS (I), NORTH TEXAS BIKERS II and NORTH TEXAS BIKERS III AT THE FOLLOWING LINKS: (I) www.jjskewlstuff.blogspot.com ;
Continue to pray for ALL of our troops, both in and out of harm's way.
Until next post, ya'll be carefull out there, keep the rubber on the road, keep your head on a swivel, and most important of all................RIDE SAFE ........................JOHN













































No comments:

Post a Comment